1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Guest, we invite you to take a look at the thread of the week: BDSM photos of members
  3. Guest, δες το νήμα της εβδομάδας: Λαμπερό χαμόγελο με ένα μόνο βούρτσισμα

Did you know that?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by knight, Aug 28, 2014.

1. knight

knight Superstar Member

Greece
    Threads:
    Perv
    Morahadda and dora_salonica like this.
  2. daisy

daisy Collared Member

Greece
    Threads:
    Sub
    Cool stuff with zero evidence. A bunch of theories based on observations. And observations makes us questioning. Science works that way.
    Infinte set of unverses, infite number of people, infinite galaxies...infinite life? Like, we don't die but we just move to the next universe? Anyway, this is way out of my league. :D
    Sadistmalta likes this.
  3. knight

knight Superstar Member

Greece
    Threads:
    Perv
    Everything in science starts with questions. :)
    FD24 likes this.
  4. dora_salonica

dora_salonica Administrator Staff Member Administrator

United Kingdom
    Threads:
    Sub
    This is not the first time I read about this theory. It is very interesting, to say the least!
  5. Midas

Midas Guest

Here is something I found long ago in the net, which made feel good reading it...

Unfortunately there were no "credits" for the writer on the site and so I cannot quote their name here... I hope they don't mind. :)

AN EGG

You were on your way home when you died.

It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.

And that’s when you met me.

“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”

“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.

“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”

“Yup,” I said.

“I… I died?”

“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.

You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”

“More or less,” I said.

“Are you god?” You asked.

“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”

“My kids… my wife,” you said.

“What about them?”

“Will they be all right?”

“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”

You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.

“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”

“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”

“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”

“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”

“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”

You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”

“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”

“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”

“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”

I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.

“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”

“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”

“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”

“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”

“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”

“Where you come from?” You said.

“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”

“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”

“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”

“So what’s the point of it all?”

“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”

“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.

I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”

“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”

“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”

“Just me? What about everyone else?”

“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”

You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”

“All you. Different incarnations of you.”

“Wait. I’m everyone!?”

“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.

“I’m every human being who ever lived?”

“Or who will ever live, yes.”

“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”

“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.

“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.

“And you’re the millions he killed.”

“I’m Jesus?”

“And you’re everyone who followed him.”

You fell silent.

“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”

You thought for a long time.

“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”

“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”

“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”

“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”

“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”

“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”

And I sent you on your way.

O_O

Sadistmalta and Morahadda like this.
  6. dora_salonica

United Kingdom
    Threads:
    Sub
    Very moving...:)
    Midas likes this.
  7. dora_salonica

United Kingdom
    Threads:
    Sub
    Is there a soul?

Sadistmalta and Midas like this.
  8. dora_salonica

United Kingdom
    Threads:
    Sub
  9. dora_salonica

United Kingdom
    Threads:
    Sub
    The pillars of morality...
  10. dora_salonica

United Kingdom
    Threads:
    Sub
    For Wrong... the most whole-hearted person I know...

Morahadda likes this.
  11. dora_salonica

United Kingdom
    Threads:
    Sub
  12. dora_salonica

United Kingdom
    Threads:
    Sub
    Schools are obsolete.

13. dora_salonica

United Kingdom
    Threads:
    Sub
    The Ubuntu tribe practice Master @Wrong's D/s...:)

[​IMG]
    gata, de7, Ippoliti and 1 other person like this.
  14. dora_salonica

United Kingdom
    Threads:
    Sub
    Ubuntu is a term roughly translating to "human kindness." It is an idea from the Southern African region which means literally "human-ness," and is often translated as "humanity toward others," but is often used in a more philosophical sense to mean "the belief in a universal bond of sharing that connects all humanity".

The term ubuntu appears in South African sources from as early as the mid-19th century.

“ 'A person is a person through other people' strikes an affirmation of one’s humanity through recognition of an ‘other’ in his or her uniqueness and difference. It is a demand for a creative intersubjective formation in which the ‘other’ becomes a mirror (but only a mirror) for my subjectivity. This idealism suggests to us that humanity is not embedded in my person solely as an individual; my humanity is co-substantively bestowed upon the other and me. Humanity is a quality we owe to each other. We create each other and need to sustain this otherness creation. And if we belong to each other, we participate in our creations: we are because you are, and since you are, definitely I am. The ‘I am’ is not a rigid subject, but a dynamic self-constitution dependent on this otherness creation of relation and distance”.

An "extroverted communities" aspect is the most visible part of this ideology. There is sincere warmth with which people treat both strangers and members of the community. This overt display of warmth is not merely aesthetic but enables formation of spontaneous communities (co-operatives if you will). The resultant collaborative work within these spontaneous communities transcends the aesthetic and gives functional significance to the value of warmth. How else are you to ask for sugar from your neighbour? Warmth is not the sine qua non of community formation but guards against instrumentalist relationships.

A key concept associated with "unhu" is how we behave and interact in our various social roles, e.g., daughters-in-law traditionally kneel down when greeting their parents-in-law and serve them food as a sign of respect and maintain the highest standards of behaviour that will be extended or reflected to her family and all the women raised in that family. The daughter-in-law does this as part of the ambassadorial function that she plays and assumes at all times. However, this does not apply only to daughters-in-law but to all women in general, even among friends and equals such as brother and sister, and this does not imply that the woman is subordinate to the man, or sister to brother. It is all essentially considered to be a characteristic of having "unhu" and a social interaction within the context of "unhu". The demands imposed upon men within the context of "unhu" are more physically demanding than that placed upon the woman.

Under "unhu" children are never orphans since the roles of mother and father are by definition not vested in a single individual with respect to a single child. Furthermore, a man or a woman with "unhu" will never allow any child around them to be an orphan.

The concept of "unhu" also constitutes the kernel of African Traditional Jurisprudence as well as leadership and governance. In the concept of unhu, a crime committed by one individual on another extends far beyond the two individuals and has far-reaching implications to the people from among whom the perpetrator of the crime comes. Unhu jurisprudence tends to support remedies and punishments that tend to bring people together. For instance, a crime of murder would lead to the creation of a bond of marriage between the victim's family and the accused's family in addition to the perpetrator being punished both inside and outside his social circles. The role of "tertiary perpetrator" to the murder crime is extended to the family and the society where the individual perpetrator hails from. However, the punishment of the tertiary perpetrator is a huge fine and a social stigma, which they must shake off after many years of demonstrating unhu or ubuntu. A leader who has unhu is selfless and consults widely and listens to subjects. Such a person does not adopt a lifestyle that is different from the subjects and lives among them and shares property. A leader who has "unhu" does not lead, but allows the people to lead themselves and cannot impose his will on his people, which is incompatible with "unhu".

A person with Ubuntu is open and available to others, affirming of others, does not feel threatened that others are able and good, based from a proper self-assurance that comes from knowing that he or she belongs in a greater whole and is diminished when others are humiliated or diminished, when others are tortured or oppressed.

In October 2004 Mark Shuttleworth, a South African entrepreneur and owner of UK based company Canonical Ltd., founded the Ubuntu Foundation that is the company behind the creation of a computer operating system based on Debian GNU/Linux. He named the Linux distribution Ubuntu.[

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ubuntu_(philosophy)
    gata, Sadistmalta and de7 like this.
  15. whisperer

whisperer Treasured Member

Greece
    Threads:
    MissQ and Janus like this.
  16. dora_salonica

United Kingdom
    Threads:
    Sub
    Grandmothers smoking marijuana for the first time....

17. dora_salonica

United Kingdom
    Threads:
    Sub
  18. Morahadda

Morahadda Superstar Member

France
    Threads:
    Perv
    Hahaha this is lovely @dora_salonica ! :) xxxxx
    dora_salonica likes this.
  19. Ippoliti

Ippoliti amazon Staff Member Administrator

Germany
    Threads:
    Perv
    Suburban dominatrix reported to police after whipping and screaming noises coming from her £750,000 home upset her middle-class neighbours and the tennis club
    [​IMG]
    Mistress Evilyne, who runs the Dungeon Manor in Orpington, south east London, was reported to officers after neighbours complained about the sounds coming from her £750,000 property.

The former pastry chef, 31, who appears to have been inspired by the hit 50 Shades of Grey franchise, charges clients between £200-an-hour and £1,200-a-night to 'be her slave' but insists she does not offer sexual services.

The Dungeon Manor, which is kitted out with shackles and leather, is available to hire for couples and professionals and can be rented out for filming and photography.

Mistress Evilyne, a former Exeter University student who has been a dominatrix for two years, insists she is registered with the HMRC and operates a legal business, which is 'all above board'.

However, she has now found herself being shunned by her neighbours in the leafy suburb, who are fed up with the loud noises and fear children may be 'exposed to something they shouldn't see'.

One neighbour, who wished to remain anonymous, said: 'In more recent times the sounds of whipping and screaming have been heard outside the front of the address.

'That we now have a BDSM working dungeon and slave quarters in our leafy little street in Orpington has really shocked us all.'

'We have been very concerned given the number of guests and friends that regularly visit the property at all hours of the day and night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pset-middle-class-neighbours-tennis-club.html
    Sadistmalta, Janus and john-switch like this.
  20. Sadistmalta

Sadistmalta Treasured Member Staff Member Adviser

Malta
    Threads:
    She should have invested some of her earnings in sound proofing.
    gata, Ippoliti and Janus like this.